Looking for a farmer to join our team for the 2021 season! Our 6.5 acre farm utilizes organic practices to grow vegetables, fruit, herbs, flowers and eggs for our James Beard nominated restaurant. Located in Southern Utah's high mountain desert, our season is short (May through October) but full. We are looking for farmer who can commit to working full-time (40-45 hr/week, 5 days/week) for the entirety of the season.
Conditions of Employment include:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to perform significant physical labor in varying outdoor conditions (sun, heat, wind, cold, rain, snow, etc.)
- Ability to commit to entire season of work (May thru October)
-Willingness to live on farm and participate in off-hours work as needed in emergencies
Farmers will participate in all aspects of farm work, including: greenhouse propagation, bed/field preparation, transplanting and direct sowing, weeding, thinning, pest/disease management, harvesting, post-harvesting handling, and animal care. Farmers will also be expected to help maintain perennials, flowers, and ornamentals, and will help keep assigned areas attractive and safe.
In addition to being a part of the farm team, farmers interact with the restaurant staff on a regular basis, as they deliver produce directly to the restaurant and support restaurant needs on occasion. So good communication skills and a helpful attitude are a must!
Desired Experience, Knowledge and Skills"
- 1 full season working on a farm
- Experience working with farm-to-table restaurant
- Experience farming in high desert climate
- Experience in construction/building
- Interest and experience in cooking farm-to-table cuisine
- Knowledge of organic and regenerative agriculture
- Skills associated with sustainable agriculture including, but not limited to, use of machinery and tools, all aspects of farm work, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a variety of circumstances and to problem solve