We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable folks to join our Farmers’ Market team for our busy season. Like most Farmers' Markets we set up our venues outside and we work rain or shine. We have a busy, fast paced stand that keeps you on your feet - literally. We work together to set up the stand; provide pleasant, helpful and excellent customer service; create attractive displays; re-stock produce as it sells out; keep the stand clean and organized; and break down the stand at the end of the market.
We have positions available for the Downtown market (Wednesdays) and the Cabrillo, Westside and Scotts Valley markets (Saturdays). Saturday shifts start early and end late afternoon. Wednesday shifts begin late morning and go through the evening.
• arriving on time
• assisting with stand set-up
• customer service
• managing cash transactions (without the aid of electronics)
• re-stocking product
• breaking down the stand
• return equipment and supplies to the warehouse
• Punctual and ready to work
• Desire and ability to work independently, as a team and with the public
• Enthusiasm for sustainable farming and fresh organic food
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Ability to work a long day
• Must be able to commit to assigned shift(s) for the “busy season”
• Have reliable transportation
• Farmers' market sales experience a plus
The quality employee we are looking for has the ability to communicate clearly; take direction and effectively complete tasks; work in a fast paced environment; lift up to 50 pounds.
If interested, please understand that our “busy season” begins in May and goes through November, so it is necessary that you have steady availability through the end of the season.