La Vie is the largest farmers market vendor in California serving the healthiest, purest and the most delicious foods and drinks. We are in 22 farmers markets and growing throughout California. Our mission is to transform the planet one gut at a time. We believe that food is medicine, therefore it should be offered not just for profits, but rather be served in the purest quality form. We are a socially responsible company, some of our profits go to Nourishing Generations, a non profit organization that teach underprivileged children and troubled teenagers how to make healthy foods. We believe that small businesses can make a difference in their local community by supporting local non-profit organizations.
We are looking for marketeers to work at our booth at Walnut Creek (Sat 8-2PM), Pleasanton (Sat 8-2PM), Danville (Sat 8-2PM), Fort Mason (Sunday 8:00-2:30 PM) and San Rafael (Thursday and Sunday 7-2: PM) .
- Arrive at the market on-time and set up tent, stall, displays, and signage
- Answer customer questions about the benefits of each drink and all the details that go into the products
- Make sales to meet or exceed minimum expectations for volumes of each product sold
- Interact with and provide accurate information to health inspector
- Maintain cold chain and packaging quality throughout the market day
- Break down stall, organize leftover product, and fill up the paperwork correctly
- Some level of prior exposure to probiotic, healthy lifestyle and fermentation
- Prior farmer's market vending is desirable, but not required. Attitude and aptitude are most important.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, carry and set up a 10x10 commercial-duty canopy, lift and lower full ice chests
- Basic math skills for retail
- Attention to detail, capacity and curiosity to learn
- Valid CA driver's license (unless applying only to vend)
Please email Yeyen to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Brief email explaining your interest in the position
3) 2-3 references (at least 1 must be a recent employer)
4) Phone number and some times you are available for a brief phone interview
After a successful phone interview and prior to hiring, the applicant must attend 1 full market to make sure the position is a good fit for all involved. This market day is considered part of the interview process and is paid with products only