Apricot Lane Farms is a 214-acre Organic, Biodynamic, Regenerative Organic and Humane Certified farm. We are looking for experienced and professional part-time Farmers Market Representatives. Our Farmers Market Representatives are ambassadors of the farm, working all manner of Farm Stands, Farmers Markets, Tours and Tasting events. The ideal candidates for this position will be individuals who are passionate about healthy produce and farming practices. If you are self-motivated, have excellent time management, and work well in a team environment read more below and apply!
● Work Farmers Markets and Farm Stand shifts
● Greet customers in a friendly and cordial manner
● Respond promptly to all customer needs
● Ability to engage customers, sample and educate on nutrient-rich benefits of products from Apricot Lane Farms
● Load and unload equipment, tools and inventory to set up and tear down sales booths at both the farm and farmers market location.
● Responsible for loading vans at the farm prior to the market, set up at the market, loading vans at the end of the market and unloading back at the farm at the end of the day.
● Ensure all product and supplies are ready and available at the Farmer's Markets
● Responsible for electronic and cash sales
● Accountable for cash made available for sales transactions
● Organize and refill products and supplies
● Assist packhouse as needed
● Attend other events when assigned - such as expos, tastings, conferences, and other event that require the presence of an Apricot Lane Farms representative
● Other tasks as requested
● Experience in some form of retail sales or similar Farmers Market Representative role
● Team player - maintain positive work relations
● Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
● Ability to Interact with all levels of guests, volunteers, management and staff
● Must be willing and able to walk up hilly and steep terrain on a daily basis.
● Able to bend, stoop and kneel for long periods of time.
● Must be able to be flexible with a weekly schedule
● Willing to drive/sit for long periods of time
● Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 35 pounds with and/or without assistance.
● Valid Driver's License with clean driving record
● High School Diploma
Qualifications and Skills:
● Professional and energetic demeanor
● Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Attention to detail
● Passion for community-based Farmers Markets, small farmers and healthy urban neighborhoods
● Willingness to be trained in Traditional Foods as well as work in different areas of the farm in order to gain an intimate understanding of biodynamic farming practices.
● Must be able to work weekdays and weekends.
Benefits (Full-time only!)
●. Excellent Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision), Paid Sick Time (40 hours), Paid Vacation Time, Paid Farm Holidays (9), 401K, 401K Matching, Flexible Spending Account and Employee Discounts
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com