Rooted NW is Western Washington’s newest AgriVillage, combining village living and farming. The community resides on 240 acres four miles east of Arlington, WA and a convenient one-hour drive to Seattle or Bellingham. Sitting at 300 ft of elevation and forming a gentle south-facing slope containing a mix of fertile cropland, pasture, and trees. The land has been farmed by a local family for over 100 years and we are proud to carry on the tradition stewardship.
We are looking for farmers to join our community and either buy into the project and own housing plus a share of the land (with a projected move-in of 2023-2024), or lease land on our property (available immediately).
For buying into the project:
The vision for Rooted NW is to be a diversified farm incubator fostering agricultural enterprises. We offer several advantages for our farmers:
- Own the land you farm and live where you work.
- Adjust your acreage based on evolving needs.
- Operate close to a variety of regenerative farmers eager to collaborate.
- Receive support from a community that understands the challenges of farming.
- Obtain help with home financing and/or discounts, shared admin costs, and agriculture infrastructure.
- Available immediately, up to 200 acres of farmland
- Must use organic and regenerative practices
- Vegetable or animal production permitted
- Water will be available
- No housing available on property currently- temporary housing such as an RV would be considered
- Farmer would need their own mobile fencing for animal production, sub-par cow fencing on-site currently
- Not much infrastructure is currently available, but we are rapidly building this out and you would have a say in the process as well as the ability to build temporary structures as needed
- Electricity access available
- Lease cost is negotiable - we are looking for someone who can responsibly steward the land and use it for their own farming endeavor
We are open to different arrangements, please contact for more information.
- Fallow and Managed
- Farmed Conventional
Farm Business Activities Allowed:
- All organic farming
- No commercial marijuanna