Oregon Tilth works to make our food and agriculture biologically sound and socially equitable. When Oregon Tilth started, sustainable agriculture and organic weren’t familiar buzzwords. Today our core initiatives of certification, education, and advocacy continue to shape food systems that benefit people and planet, together.
The Fiber and Textile Specialist position supports OTCO’s fiber and textile programs through outreach, communication, research, completing application reviews and final reviews. The Fiber and Textile Specialist participates in relevant industry groups related to organic fiber and textiles and generally develops resources and outreach that supports clients, inspectors and internal staff.
This position is a US based position only.
This position primarily works indoors. This position is eligible for full or part time telecommuting.
This position requires the ability to lift, bend, work in multiple climates, etc.
This position may require travel.
Oregon Tilth provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The responsibilities of the Fiber and Textile Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Engaged Teams – Evaluating and reviewing inspection and post-inspection documents, mid-year requests and system changes to issue certification decisions, including completing application reviews and final review certification decisions for OTCO’s fiber and textile client base; working as a member of the team to ensure consistency of certification processes with a high level of integrity and quality; working with the Inspections team to ensure timely inspections and support with successful inspections through coordination and technical assistance; assisting the Quality and Accreditation Team in GOTS accreditation as necessary and implementing new procedures and processes and necessary reporting; and working to expand and grow the OTCO fiber and textiles program through partnership with Team Comm to recruit new clients.
• Empowered Clients – Providing timely and transparent service and communications with clients to respond to questions and offer general assistance regarding the certification process; providing technical assistance to clients and engaging with clients to ensure their understanding of regulatory requirements and process; and ensuring a positive client journey that follows the Oregon Tilth client journey map.
• Exemplary Leadership – Engaging in industry groups showing OTCO as a leader in fiber and textiles within the industry; developing partnerships throughout the industry to grow the organic fiber market and access; research and analyze developments in organic standards (US and abroad) that impact OTCO’s fiber clients; serving as the primary contact for GOTS committees to represent OTCO and the US market; and role modeling diversity, equity and inclusion.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of textile or clothing engineering PLUS expertise in quality management; OR a minimum of three (3) years professional experience as a technician in the textile industry PLUS experience in quality management; OR two (2) years professional experience in inspection and certification of textile processors.
• Experience working in a professional office environment.
Apply online at tilth.org
This position is US based only. This position is eligible for full time remote work.