Rivendale Farms is a diversified farm in Washington County, PA approximately 20 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh. The farm consists of 175 acres overall, with approximately 5 acres in production growing mixed vegetables, herbs, and flowers, and about 9 acres are devoted to our free range flock of laying hens.
We are looking for a Field Specialist to provide day to day supervision of our crop production field operations, including seasonal staff and interns. This position will be expected to facilitate harvesting, washing, and packing of produce for sale, as well as transplanting of seedlings in the field and greenhouse. Position will work closely with other staff on-site, reporting to the Director of Crop Production.
Responsibilities will include: Tractor work connected to bed preparation including planting, transplanting, and fertilizing; front-line quality control and direction over harvesting; detailed data collection for input into on-farm management software; assisting with integrated pest and weed management; in-field irrigation maintenance and management; ability and interest to be cross-trained to also support broader farm operations and projects
● 1-3 years experience in intensive row cropping systems/vegetable production
● Proficiency in tractor use, and able to work with various implements, in tight spaces/varying weather
● Knowledge of integrated pest management and above ground irrigation systems
● Interested in the “big picture,” with specific attention paid to current best practices
● Able to communicate well with others, and work as part of a team
● Work well independently
● Reliable, self-motivated and a positive attitude
● Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
● Able to work in various weather, indoors and out
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Darin Ripp, Director of Crop Production