Full Time Field Worker
$15/hour (W-2, not a contract position)
PTO and free CSA share for employees
Duties include supporting and executing farm activities such as seeding, watering, field amending, planting, harvesting, packing and delivering CSA shares, sanitizing and tool maintenance as needed and directed by Farmer Michelle. This position is the backbone of a viable farm supplying the hard labor required to insure the growth and delivery of high quality and nutritious food to the community.
Supporting and Executing Farm Activities On Site =
- Field Amending
- Sanitizing Equipment
- Field Preparation
- Livestock care
- Washing and Packing Produce Orders
- Supporting and Executing Farm Activities Off Site =
- Local pick up of supplies and equipment
- CSA pick up site maintenance
- Delivering Produce Orders for Wholesale, CSA, and other customers
Documentation and Record Keeping =
Field Workers maintain documents around the farm such as tracking seed trays, water usage, plantings, crop rotation, maintenance and use logs, mileage, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of Field Worker Experience/Farm Internship with direct involvement in farm operations
- Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication; Competency with Mathematics; Ability to work from Verbal Instruction easily
- Comfortable in a Community-Driven Management Process
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Organic, Sustainable, Small Farm practices; Passion for Learning about Native First Foods; Committed to Land Stewardship
- Food Handlers Card preferred but not required
- Demonstrable commitment and strong work ethic
- Community member references recommended (we will call your references, heads up!)
- Farm Activities are predominantly performed outdoors in all types of weather. Employees are expected to dress appropriately each day. Closed toed shoes are required. Work is done in both community and independent settings, depending on the task.
- Farming is a very physical job and requires frequent bending, lifting, and handling of heavy equipment and supplies. Employees are expected to be able to lift up to 50 pounds of weight repeatedly throughout the day and work on their feet for extended periods of time out of doors.
To Apply: Email your resume and 3 references to email@example.com subject line= Field Worker.
No additional cover letter, please. We will contact you to let you know we have received your resume, and whether we’d like to schedule a phone interview as soon as we can. Thank you for considering our Farm and good luck!