Field Worker - Duties include CSA crop production, harvest, CSA packing and distribution as directed by Lead Farmer Michelle and/or Assistant Farm Manager. This position is the backbone of the farm, supplying the hard labor required to ensure growth and delivery of high quality and nutritious food to the community. Wednesdays and Thursdays are vital availability days. There is a 4 week probationary period.
- Each employee receives a seasonal CSA box
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Days
- Gear Stipend
- Hydration Station & Snacks Provided
- Some hot lunches may be provided throughout the season.
- On the job training in many aspects of running a successful vegetable operation.
Fieldwork and CSA Crop Production =
Picks Ups and Deliveries =
Local pick up of supplies and equipment.
Delivering of CSA’s on Thursdays.
CSA pick up site maintenance
Farm Vehicles available for use.
Documentation and Record Keeping =
Any documents or logs as directed such as tracking seed trays, water usage, plantings, maintenance etc.
Farm Activities are predominantly performed outdoors in all types of weather. Employees are expected to dress appropriately each day. Closed toed shoes are required.
Farming is a very physical job and requires frequent bending, lifting, and handling of heavy equipment and supplies. For this Job Title it is expected to be able to lift up to 50 pounds of weight repeatedly throughout the day and work on your feet for extended periods of time out of doors. Upon request reasonable accommodations may be supported.
- Minimum 1 year of Field Worker Experience/Farm Internship with direct involvement in farm operations
- Food Handlers Card required / must be acquired before first shift date if hired
- Active Drivers License in good standing (not currently suspended or revoked)
- Working knowledge of Organic, Sustainable, Small Farm practices; Passion for Learning about Native First Foods; Committed to Land Stewardship
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication; Competency with Mathematics; Ability to work from Verbal Instruction easily
- Comfortable in a Community-Driven Management Process
- Demonstrable commitment and strong work ethic
Please fill out our online application at goodrainfarm.com/jobs
You will be able to submit your Resume and 3 Community References using our online form.
We will do our best to respond within 1 month. We’ll follow up via e-mail with next steps.