Oak Hill Farm of Sonoma has 25 acres of farmland nestled against the western slope of the Mayacamas Mountains in Glen Ellen, California. It has always been our mission to farm in balance with nature. For more than fifty years we have grown flowers and produce using sustainable agricultural practices and are privileged to harvest over one hundred varieties of vegetables, fruit, flowers, perennial greenery, and herbs as they naturally come into season. We use sustainable, regenerative farming practices and strive to provide an equitable and fulfilling work experience for all team members. Oak Hill Farm is seeking a Floral Manager for the 2022 growing season and beyond.
Oak Hill Farm’s mission is to preserve its woodlands, wildlife and diverse agriculture.
We will hire a full-time, passionate individual with a sense of humor who is flexible, works well with others and is able to shift between the many tasks required in small scale farming. Our flower operation has been successful for many years and is well known in the Bay Area. We are interested in modernizing and bringing a greater degree of sophistication and new ideas to our business model.
Previous flower-growing experience is necessary. Housing is limited but could be available for the right person.
• Planning and carrying out a crop plan in coordination with farm managers
• Communicating field needs with management
• Seed purchasing, inventory, and management
• Seeding in the field and greenhouse
• Transplanting, weeding, and plant maintenance
• Efficient harvesting and bunching
• Clear communication of labor needs and coordination of labor plan to farm managers
• Management of crew members
• Organization of wholesale orders, development and fostering of client relationships
• Development of bouquet and wreath production system
• Irrigation management
· Valid driver's license and clean driving record
· Creativity, enthusiasm, and passion for farming
· Excellent leadership skills
· Spanish language skills a plus
Compensation: Depends on experience and possible housing.
Please email your resume to email@example.com