We are looking for a full-time farmer to join our farm family. Forever Bloom Farm is a 5 acre cut flower farm six miles from the Pacific Ocean in a small coastal farming community one hour south of San Francisco. We utilize all organic practices and no-till production techniques to produce gorgeous flowers, foliage, ornamentals, juicy fruits and berries, and healthy delicious vegetables and eggs. Our farm is focused on cut flower production for farmers markets and on-farm events and we sell our products at 2-3 large urban markets weekly.
This is a woman owned farm with a mixture of several part and full time long term staff that are energetic, and hard-working. We love to laugh, learn and create beauty together. We are looking for someone to join our team who loves to learn, is self-motivated, flexible and hard working. While experience is a plus, we are willing to train you. We love to teach and are committed to training and passing on our knowledge. From starting seeds to creating artisan floral creations, you will get hands on training and experience in all facets of the operation.
Dates: Position requires a full time commitment of five days per week starting immediately. We would prefer a candidate that is willing to join our team on a permanent year-round basis, but are willing to consider candidates that are only available through December, 2022.
Schedule: The position is full time, five days per week, Wednesday through Sunday. Weekend hours will be odd as one of the principal tasks on weekends will be to prep and load the van for each market (this task is usually done early in the morning before we leave for market or the night before if temperatures are cold enough). There is a weekly salary of $600 and if desired/needed, housing is included (360 sq. foot furnished yurt, internet, laundry, shared outdoor kitchen and bath facilities, fresh produce and eggs as available). We are open to discussing a significant other living on farm.
- Harvesting a wide variety of flowers, fruits, vegetables, herbs, and eggs
- Fieldwork (seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigating, gopher trapping, caring for chicken flock, turning over beds, etc.)
- Creating flower bouquets, bunches and arrangements
- Greenhouse care including seed starting, potting up, propagation, succession planning, watering
- Maintaining the on-property farm stand, including stocking, baking, canning products, crafting handmade soaps, etc.
- Working at 3+ farmer’s markets each month as needed
- Working at on farm workshops, interacting with clients and sharing harvest and arranging techniques you will learn
- Assistance with social media posts
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethic & positive attitude
- Responsible and reliable
- Efficient and hard-working
- Ability to be flexible and calm in changing situations
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Observant and inquisitive
- Ability to work well alone and with others
- Willing to work with animals
- Valid driver’s license
- You will need your own health insurance. We can connect you with our local non-profit that supports farms and can assist with signing up for services.
To apply: Send brief cover letter, two professional references, and resume to Tammy Bloom, Forever Bloom Farm; firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in your cover letter why you are interested in the position and what you feel you could contribute to our farm crew. Please do not apply if you are not available April -December 2022.
Application deadline: Open until filled.