We are seeking an enthusiastic, thoughtful and hard working person to join the crew on our family farm. Open Field Farm is a diversified biodynamic farm, raising mixed vegetables and flowers, herbs, corn, grain, grass fed beef, lamb, and laying hens for our 100-member CSA program in Petaluma, California. We cultivate 8 acres in annual vegetable production, plus 2 high tunnels, and grow more than 150 varieties of crops year round. We also maintain a 1/3 acre pick your own annual flower field, as well as perennial flowers.
• Monday March 9th-Friday December 4th
• Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
• 1 hour unpaid lunch: noon to 1 pm
• Hourly wage BOE
• A full CSA membership, including vegetables, grain, beef, and eggs
• Housing offered with no additional rent or utility payments; flat fee for internet
Manage 1/3 acre pick your own flowers: sow flats in greenhouse, plant out in field, pinch, and weed (with the support of farm owner), trellis and stake
• Harvest and process flowers for drying for wreath making
• Maintenance of perennial gardens
• Harvest with the vegetable crew for CSA on Tuesdays and Fridays
Enthusiastic about farm work, ability to problem solve and enjoys being part of a team.
• Previous agricultural experience required, including at least one year of flower work
• Good physical condition for extended amounts of outdoor labor in all seasons and all weather (able to bend, sit, squat, rake, shovel, lift 50 lbs, and carry).
• Must be reliable and timely.
• Able to operate tools and mechanical equipment safely.
Please send us your resume and cover letter explaining what brought you to agriculture and what interests you about working at Open Field Farm.