Food Access Program Specialist - East Bay (Antioch, Oakland, Richmond, and San Pablo)
Fresh Approach seeks a highly detail-oriented and organized individual with good public communication skills (English and Spanish) to plan, coordinate, and deliver food access programs in the East Bay. The role is primarily responsible for supporting in-field operations for Fresh Approach’s food access programs at sites throughout the East Bay, with a focus on San Pablo and East Oakland. The role will manage the front and back end operations for our Mobile Farmers’ Market two days a week as well as play a support role in all food access projects as needed.
This is a full-time non-exempt position (between 30-40 hours per week) with benefits including paid sick time, paid vacation, health insurance, and 403b retirement savings matching. An intermediate level of proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
Desired Start Date: May/June 2020
Full Job Description and Application Information
2+ years working in similar field preferred
Bilingual: An intermediate level of proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
● Excellent writing and communication skills
● Familiarity with social media and email marketing
● Experience or interest in working with diverse populations
● Preference to candidates living in the communities served as well as individuals with personal
experience of food scarcity
● Exceptional interpersonal, retail, or customer service skills
● Personally and professionally interested and excited about community health, local food systems, and
● Adept at Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Suites, and Mailchimp
● Detail-oriented with the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and to work independently
● Willingness to show initiative and creativity
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com