Food Donation Coordination:
Solicit and coordinate logistics for all food donations based on menu including:
▪Manage donor solicitation through letters, email and phone.
▪Coordinate shipping and deliveries of food.
▪Receive and organize onsite deliveries, dining hall logistics as needed.
▪Coordinate food donor benefits.
Special Events Coordination:
▪ Co-manage special events with conference contractor- contact event hosts, coordinate catering, and oversee events onsite during the conference.
▪ Assist in management of any pre-conference events.
▪ Work to arrange book signings with the program coordinator and bookstore company.
▪ Assist with general tasks and support conference production as needed.
▪ Experience in donor solicitation, catering and/or food service, and event production.
▪ Detail-oriented with multiple streams of data.
▪ Professional and effective under pressure of multiple production details and deadlines.
▪ Experience with Excel, and Google platform of Sheets, Docs, etc.
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills
▪ Customer service-oriented.
▪ Skilled in marketing outreach/solicitation by phone and email.
▪ Compassionate, kind and supportive of team and contributes to a positive work environment.
▪ Knowledgeable and supportive of organic and sustainable food and farming.
▪ Must possess a valid driver's license.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and demonstrated competency in food procurement and event coordination. This position requires an energetic, self-starting, detail-oriented individual with a high level of organizational skills who is able to handle concurrent multiple projects. This position is supervised by the Executive Director and works with all team members.
This is primarily an office-based job however during events it requires additional physical abilities. Applicants must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, must be able to walk up and down stairs, and must be able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds for short distances.
Compensation: Seasonal Position (August through mid-February), $18/hour 20-30+ hours/week, 40 hours during the conference week for prep and coordination.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
EOE: The Ecological Farming Association is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org