NOW HIRING FRUIT/VEGETABLE BUYER APPLY TODAY!
Earl’s Organic Produce, Inc., a leading distributor of organic produce throughout Northern California, seeks a skilled and Fruit/Vegetable Buyer for our San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market headquarters.
Buyers are responsible for the sourcing of product. They exercise independent discretion and discernment while partnering with the Sales and Purchasing teams as valued resources. Buyers are also responsible for the development, expansion and profitability of the purchases. Be an Entrepreneur! Our buyers are engaged, creative problem solvers, who exercise connection to the roots of alternative agriculture.
· Stand and walk alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 30% of time is spend on feet and 70% sitting at desk.
· Have occasional need to perform the following physical activities: bending/stooping/squatting, climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting and reaching above shoulders.
· Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities.
· Consistent need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, finger dexterity.
· Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs frequently and 50 lbs occasionally.
· Vision requirements: consistent need to complete forms, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail. Frequent need to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
· Hearing requirements: consistent need to communicate over telephone and in person.
The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate. This position is occasionally exposed to temperatures varying from 34 to over 70 degrees and humidity levels varying from 80 to 95%.
Earl’s Organic Produce provides a highly competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, LTD and voluntary life, plus a company-sponsored retirement program and paid meal breaks. After one year of employment, we pay 100% of medical benefits for employee only.
Earl’s Organic Produce works to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email or come directly to:
Earls Organic Produce 2101 Jerrold Ave. San Francisco, CA 94124
Earl's Organic Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full-time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Procure quality items at a price that meets the needs of both our customers and vendors;
· Manage inventory as alive, with constant attention to quality, condition and age
· Research and identify new sourcing opportunites while expanding current relations and emerging opportunities
· Closely monitor market conditions and emerging purchasing opportunities to evaluate buying opportunities for the company;
· Manage multiple purchase orders throughout the day;
· Resolve any invoicing, quality and arrival issues in collaboration with the QA team immediately
· Works closely with leadership to write contracts or long-term procurement agreements;
· Work closely with Logistics Coordinator on Inbound shipment logistics as needed;
· Own weekly ads for your commodities and communicate purchasing and sales departments in timely, detailed manner
· Contribute to process improvement efforts;
· Participate in team projects and activities;
· Operate with trust, cooperation and innovation;
· Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
· Education and/or Experience: B.A./B.S., or equivalent work experience; five years hands-on fresh organic produce experience, preferably in a quality control, retail merchandising, or purchasing role.
· Language Skills: Excellent communication skills including reading, writing, and verbally communicating effectively and professionally with other business departments, customers, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
· Technical Skills: Proficiency with inventory database programs and strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
· Reasoning Ability: In-depth understanding of quality requirements of discerning retail and institutional customers. Ability to think independently and to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of different situations without set guidelines. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report or schedule form.
· Other Skills & Abilities: Appreciation of fresh produce aesthetics and varietal range, with a focus on fruit and vegetables. Excellent organization and communication skills, positive approach to alternate points of view with an ability to create agreement. Positive and Professional attitude. Strong networking ability. Attention to detail. Interest in the history and development of the organic produce industry. Ability to work well in an entrepreneurial environment and a culture of experimentation where creativity can help achieve company goals.
Please send resume to email@example.com or apply through our recruitment sites on Indeed or ZipRecruiter.
Type in Earl's Organic Produce to find the listing.