WC DIGS and Mira Vista School are seeking a garden educator with experience teaching school -aged children from Kindergarten – 8th grade to work directly with children and staff in the following capacities:
- Planting and caring for two vegetable gardens with children
- Supporting interested staff in developing gardening, nutrition and outdoors-based projects in their classrooms.
- Acting as an on-site naturalist by becoming familiar with the garden resources and developing relationships with children and staff which stimulate observation and involvement in the outdoor setting.
- Assisting teachers as they develop meaningful links between the outdoor environment and math, literacy, science, nutrition and the arts.
- Work with a team to maintain two vegetable gardens with seasonal vegetables.
- Meet with teachers and classes regularly, to support the teaching of garden lessons and to organize workdays.
- Participate in ongoing documentation of children’s projects through photographs, transcriptions of children’s words and display panels.
- Assist with pre and post evaluation and curriculum preparation.
Please email Graciella Rossi with your resume at email@example.com with the subject line GARDEN EDUCATOR POSITION.