Gardenology is a garden, ecology and sustainability minded team dedicated to helping people grow edible food, flowers and herbs at their home or business. We focus on 1) design and installation 2) maintenance and education 3) plant sales and 4) garden handyperson services. Since launching, we have developed a dedicated and expanding customer base based on the promise of quality, commitment and knowledge. Visit www.gardenologyus.com to learn more about us.
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated Garden Maintenance and Installation Specialist who will join our team for the growing season to install and maintain gardenscapes, provide consulting services to clients, engage clients as needed re garden installation and care and support project management efforts. Examples of work include installation of garden beds, hauling soil, assisting with project design, ordering gardening supplies and materials, maintaining equipment and cultivating and caring for plants including vegetables, flowers and herbs. Also included is sales engagement with clients to sell maintenance plans, consultations, repair work or full design and install services; education of clients about garden maintenance and care of plants, irrigation and structures.
• Garden Installation: Installation or repair of raised or in-ground garden beds, fence enclosures, fence posts, gates, basic irrigation systems, trellises, assembly of garden accessories (benches, tables, trellises, etc), planting of garden veggies, flowers and herbs and other tasks related to projects. Also included is the hauling of garden soil, compost and fill dirt, garden boxes and other heavy items (see Physical Strength and Dexterity below).
• Garden Client Consultation: Educate clients about plants and garden ecology and help clients to be empowered, appreciate and enjoy plants and gardening.
• Plant and Garden Knowledge: Propagate and grow plants on client property or at our office. Prior experience on farms or landscaping work fits well with this position.
• Garden Maintenance: Care for and grow garden plants for clients including feeding, watering, pruning, pest and disease management. Also able to repair or assist in repair of existing gardens (raised beds, fences, gates, irrigation, soil erosion, shade issue, etc.) as needed.
• Sales: Sell products and services to clients as needed.
• Customer Service: Great personal skills and ability to communicate to customers in a clear, professional and authentic manner.
• Transportation: You must have a valid driver’s license and provide your own transportation. We will provide a transportation reimbursement.
• Physical Strength and Dexterity: You will need to carry approximately 40 pounds of equipment and/or materials and have mobility to work on hands and knees or overhead when standing on the ground.
• Hours: You are available to work at least three days a week, 8-10 hours a day, with potential for full time work.
• Ability to use drills, hammers, shovels, stake drivers, basic tools. Experience with carpentry (circular, miter saws, etc) a plus.
• Able to work with others in a positive and growth minded team environment.
• Adaptability to changes in schedule, workplan or methodologies due to weather or other circumstances.
• Sales experience a plus.
• Retail/service minded.
• Able to use apps from mobile phone for various tasks and processes.
• Passion and concern for protecting and restoring our natural resources and planet.
• Positive attitude.
• You may need to pass a criminal background check if required.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to "info[at]gardenologyus.com” with subject "Garden Specialist".