Goldberry Woods is top-rated Bed and Breakfast in the Midwest, located one mile from the beaches of Lake Michigan in a tourist community called Harbor Country, and we are offering an unmatched opportunity to startup a Market Stand.
We have been amending soil and raising fruit and vegetables using organic farming methods for the last five years. The produce we grow is harvested, processed and used by our family and the Bed and Breakfast. We are now ready to begin offering our produce to the public.
We have an orchard growing apples, pears, chestnuts, peaches, sweet and sour cherries, apricots, nectarines, plums, quince, and Asian pears.
Our market garden grows small fruit including strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, figs, haskaps, elderberries, aronia, goji, Nanking cherries, juneberries, dewberries, marionberries, gooseberries, table grapes, and currants.
Our market grows vegetables including perennial asparagus, sunchokes and rhubarb. We also grow a huge variety of heirloom annual vegetables and flowers.
We provide education to our Bed and Breakfast guests and are trying to show models or many types of techniques for composting, irrigation, and mulching.
We have 28 acres of forest and foraged foods are also served to our guests.
We are ideally looking for a live-in employee from the dates of May 15-September 1, which is negotiable based on school schedule. An adorable, vintage camper with a full kitchen, bathroom, and air conditioning is provided.
• Plant, fertilize, weed, mulch, harvest, and process produce from our 2 acre microfarm.
• Develop an on-site Farm Stand complete with attractive packaging and labeling
• Organize a Farmer’s Market Booth to promote both our Bed and Breakfast and the microfarm. First year attendance may only be bi-monthly.
• Advertising: social media, blogging, and press releases are essential to building our business
• Maintain tools and equipment
We are looking for a college student who is passionate about being outdoors with their hands in the earth.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org