Position: Grants Manager
The HEAL Project (THP) runs unique, hands-on, programming on the San Mateo
County Coast in school classrooms, gardens and at the San Mateo County
School Farm. Our programs cultivate healthy lifestyle habits in students while
inspiring environmental and agricultural awareness through a comprehensive,
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We are seeking to create
a diverse work culture that represents the diversity of the community we serve.
We are currently searching for a part-time Grants Manager to work at our office in Half Moon Bay. As a key member of the organization, the individual works closely with the Executive Director for a full range of activities related to researching, building relationships, preparing, submitting and managing grants along with acknowledgement, reporting and stewardship. Funding will be solicited from foundation, corporate, and government grants. The accurate and timely completion of all responsibilities listed below ensures the stability of THP and its programs.
Position type: Part-time, 24 hours per week, flexible schedule
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $21-$23/hr DOE
The HEAL Project is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Equal
opportunity is given to all employees and applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered
veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
You can also find the job listing here: https://www.thehealproject.org/jobs
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● (45%) Work collaboratively to research, write & submit grant proposals
o Write proposal narratives, including budgets
o Handle required attachments and submittals
o Research and prospect potential government, corporate, and
o Review grant RFAs/RFP’s and instructions including watching
webinars and submitting questions that come up in granting process
● (35%) Manage grants and contracts
o Point of contact for foundation, corporate, and government grants
o Submit reports as needed
o Meet with grantors as needed
o Request budget changes or scope of work changes as needed
o Work with program staff to ensure proper tracking of program
activities and funding
o Prepare invoices for grants/contracts as needed
o Contribute to program evaluation design and implementation
o Maintain an organized and up to date database of grants and
● (20%) Development-related tasks
○ Contribute ideas and participate in the planning of fundraising and
overall development operations
○ Work with ED to draft annual fund development plan, develop
strategies for implementing plan with staff and board
○ Prepare and present notes/updates at monthly Development
● Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United
● Have a high school diploma/GED
● Test negative for Tuberculosis.
● Pass fingerprinting & DOJ background check to work with children.
● Ability to write accurate and compelling narratives with attention to spelling
● Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to
multitask and prioritize work
● Strong communication skills
● Attention to detail and a willingness to problem solve
Preferred experience and Desired qualifications:
● Experience with donor database systems, Google and Microsoft platforms
● 1-2 years fundraising and grant writing experience for a non-profit
Must be able to travel independently to THP’s office in Half Moon Bay.
Typical Mental & Physical Demands
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a
keyboard, photocopier, and other office equipment. Requires range of hearing
and eyesight which permits one to communicate with other THP staff as well as
maintain office documents. Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment is
needed as well.
Email brief cover letter, writing sample and resume to email@example.com no
later than August 20th, 2021.