Rivendale Farms is a diversified farm in Washington County, PA approximately 20 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh. The farm consists of 175 acres overall, with approximately 5 acres in production growing mixed vegetables, herbs, and flowers, and about 9 acres are devoted to our free range flock of laying hens.
We are looking for a Greenhouse Specialist to oversee day to day management of our greenhouse and microgreens operation. This position will be expected to support crop planning, and supervise and direct other staff scheduled to work in those spaces, including interns and other seasonal workers. This position will facilitate seeding, planting and other daily tasks, as well as work closely with other staff on-site, reporting directly to the Director of Crop Production.
Responsibilities will include: bed preparation including planting and fertilizing; seeding and propagating microgreen varieties; monitoring scheduled succession plantings of microgreens and transplants; monitoring watering schedule; front-line quality control of greenhouse and microgreens harvesting; detailed data collection for input into on-farm management software; integrated pest and weed management; ability and interest to be cross-trained to also support broader farm operations and projects
● 1-3 years experience with greenhouse vegetable production and plant propagation
● Working knowledge of integrated pest management systems ● Experience with a BCS walk-behind tractor/rototiller a plus
● Interested in the “big picture,” with specific attention paid to current best practices
● Able to communicate well with others, and work as part of a team
● Work well independently
● Reliable, self-motivated and a positive attitude
● Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
● Able to work in various weather, indoors and out
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Darin Ripp, Director of Crop Production