Gathering Together Farm in Philomath, Oregon is looking for one multi-talented Office Assistant to join our team. If you’ve ever wanted to put your office skills to use filling a crucial role in our local community, this job is it. Now more than ever, food production is essential and the GTF team is so proud to have been providing the best in Organic Produce since 1987.
Our office is the hub of it all. We provide support for our Wholesale and direct to restaurant sales process, our large Community Supported Agriculture Program, our many weekly Farmers Markets from the Coast to Portland and our own onsite Restaurant and Farmstand. This support includes staffing, HR, sales order management, bookkeeping & payroll, compliance program oversight, licensing, marketing, communication, general troubleshooting and any general administrative support needed to get the job done.
This position would be suited to someone interested in building their skills and experience through a wide range of administrative tasks, within a complex diversified vegetable production operation and fast-paced office setting. This position will start at approximately 30 hours per week through mid-March, moving to full time thereafter. Work schedule is generally Monday through Friday, during typical working hours; however some early morning and occasional weekend hours may be required.
General Duties (10%):
• Assist Office Manager and other employees as needed
• General Social Media Posts & Correspondence
Safety Support (20%):
• Coordinate Monthly Safety Committee and Inspections
• Collaborate with Farm Managers to maintain FSMA documents and processes
• Maintain records and systems to keep safety a priority and the business in compliance
Market Support (20%):
• Prep Market Tubs and Electronics
• Register for Markets and create schedules to distribute
• Send weekly memo to connect farm to market workers
• Help resolve issues as they arise
• Coordinate pertinent trainings for market workers
• Assist with Market Inventory Spreadsheet using Excel
Human Resources and Training Support (40%):
• Affordable Care Act reporting, integrating with uAttend hours tracking software
• Maintain stock of all orientation materials
• Follow SAIF claims through their life cycle to ensure compliance
• Conduct New Employee Orientations & relevant paperwork
• Update job descriptions
• Post Job Advertisements
• Assist in interviews & hiring process as needed
• Assist in coordinating Monthly Farm Clinic and annual Dental Van
• Collaborate with other managers to execute appropriate annual trainings
• Document and track completed trainings
Additional Duties (10%)
• Managing reimbursements to employee for business expenditures
• Filing and organizing business records in logical fashion.
• Other duties as needed to get the job done.
• Maintains and encourages a safe working environment.
• Maintains and encourages an inclusive, respectful and harassment free environment.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 2 years of office assistant experience of equivalent education and experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, emphasis on Excel
• Experience with social media platforms, emphasis on Facebook and Instagram
• Ability to be punctual and alert during early morning work
• Detail oriented, with the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
• Able to utilize daily/weekly task lists and prioritize tasks with the Office Manager.
• Ability to work in a common space while maintaining an organized and sanitary area
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Bilingual: English/Spanish or English/Mam speaking
• Experience with QuickBooks
• Practical understanding and experience of diversified or organic vegetable production
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to work under pressure and adjust to a diverse working environment
• Ability to remain professional when dealing with internal and external customers and stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals, customers and coworkers in a diverse community
• Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail when completing multiple assignments
• Ability to work independently and carry out a variety of critical and time sensitive projects without detailed instructions
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
• Knowledge of various social media platforms
• Ability to establish, implement, maintain and document systems, processes, and procedures
• Skill in the use and troubleshooting of personal computers and related software applications
Working conditions/Physical Requirements:
• General Farm Office Conditions
• Ability to climb 24 stairs multiple times a day
• Ability to lift and carry 25lbs up and down stairs twice a week
• Hourly wages depending on experience. $15 to $17 per hour
• Daily Brunch (we call it snack), plus our famous Farm Lunch three days per week, allowing employees to come to work without preparing their food
• Free, high-quality organic vegetables for your household
• Generous discount in farm stand and at markets, for fresh produce, value added products and meals from our restaurant
Diversity & Inclusion:
GTF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please email your current resume and a cover letter for this position to HR@gatheringtogetherfarm.com, and we will reply to your application shortly. We intend to interview candidates the first week of January 2022. We look forward to hearing from you.