The Restaurant’s Culinary Garden grows unique, seasonally appropriate crops using organic and sustainable techniques on 5 acres. Emphasis is placed on experimentation with new crops and varieties, new growing and cultivation methods, and the utilization of all edible portions of the plant and the plant’s life-cycle. Working closely with a group of extremely talented and creative culinary minds we create crop plans that allow us to grow intensively and produce a wide range of crops throughout the year.
We strive to provide a high volume and range of products that include microgreens, field crops, cut and edible flowers, in addition to more experimental and smaller-scale products. The close relationship between the garden and the kitchen is what sets our operation apart from other farms. Culinary creativity drives and informs our operation and creativity in the garden in turn drives the food that makes its way to the guests.
We are seeking a self-driven and passionate individual to take on the role of Harvest Supervisor. This individual will lead the crew in the completion of the day to day harvests to our wide range of outlets.
- Understand all harvest items, standards, and protocols and ensure that all harvest related tasking is done to these standards.
- Lead crew in completion of all necessary same-day harvest tasks.
- Ensure all harvest is properly washed, stored, and organized
- Monitor and report on conditions of all crops
- Maintenance of harvest-related records and data
- Assist with any/all field work when necessary
- Have a minimum of two years of farming, gardening, or related agricultural experience.
- A valid driver's license is required because driving will be a component of your job duties in this role. A clean driving record is required for insurance purposes.
- Have excellent attention to detail and an ability to take direction
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills
- Have the ability to perform physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com