Apricot Lane Farms is a 214-acre organic and biodynamic farm located 40 miles north of Los Angeles and 20 miles east of Ventura in Moorpark, CA. We are looking for an experienced Holistic Market Gardening Assistant to join our team. The Holistic Market Gardening Assistant, under the direction of the Team Lead, is responsible for all needs of the Apricot Lane Farms Garden while striving to maintain the principles of Biodynamic and Organic Farming. The ideal candidate for this position will be hard- working, detail oriented, high quality standards, self-motivated, team player, positive attitude, demonstrate a keen interest in regenerative agriculture.
● Assist with greenhouse management, weed management, soil preparation, pest management & disease monitoring, compost tea application and irrigation.
o Plant and care for several different varieties of vegetables and berries.
o Digging and mulching of beds
o Hand-weeding, hoeing, staking, and deadheading
● Assist with all aspects of garden harvesting.
● Assist with preparation for sales of produce.
● Assists with detailed record-keeping of garden processes, as well as for the
Demeter and Organic Certification process. Record keeping will include, but not
be limited to, fertilizer application, crop rotation, seed purchases and more.
● Assist with establishing a yearly rotation schedule.
● Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related tasks
● Expected to use care and consideration with the Apricot Lane Farms equipment,
vehicles, and tools, including performing routine sharpening and maintenance, returning all items to their proper homes and keeping a tidy workspace, greenhouse, shed and garden area.
● Support the farm’s needs outside of all core responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the moving and organizing of equipment, tools, and other related items, as well as addressing reasonable requests by Farm Management.
● Maintain a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
● Maintain a positive attitude and communicate any issues to direct supervisors
and Farm Management according to Apricot Lane Farms protocol for discussion and resolution.
● Minimum 2-3 years market garden experience
● High School Diploma
● Ability to interact with all levels of guests, management, and staff
● Ability to work well as independently with minimal oversight
● Must be willing and able to walk up hilly and steep terrain daily
● Must be able to bend, stoop and kneel for long periods of time
● Be able/willing to work outside in a variety of extreme weather conditions - rain,
cold, heat and wind.
● Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 35 pounds with and/or without assistance
Please send Cover Letter with Resume to email@example.com