The Holistic Poultry Team Member utilizes biodynamic practices in combination with pasture/livestock rotational practices for over 1,000 birds in several different mobile coops varying in age throughout the year from 1 day old chicks to 18-month old adult chickens. Equally as important to caring for the chickens is caring for the pastures and soil on which they are raised.
The Poultry Program consists of three components: Laying Hens (Eggs), Roaster Chickens (Meat) and Laying Ducks. All are run in coordination with each other throughout the year in order to accommodate for scheduling and space requirements.
• Responsible for the well-being/health of the chickens’/ducks’
• Participate in mobile coop moves, this may include tractor work.
• Putting up and taking down mobile fencing as needed.
• Deep cleaning of all poultry coops.
• General maintenance of all poultry coops.
• Poultry program record keeping, including; daily moves, poultry health/#’s, and egg tracking
• Closing all coop doors at the end of the workday.
• Egg collection, sorting, washing, packing.
• Tracking egg production.
• Train and work with volunteer staff /WWOOFers with general poultry tasks.
• Coordination of poultry program schedules.
• Coordinate and handle chicken processing.
• Proof of a valid driver’s license.
Hours: Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 4:00 pm plus 2 Sundays a month.
This position will be responsible for duties that will occasionally need to be performed after hours and weekends. Travel may be needed to pick up chicks or deliver chickens for processing needed.
Payrate $14 - $16/hour
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER detailing your experience and why you would want to work at Apricot Lane Farms to firstname.lastname@example.org