Small Places LLC (www.smallplaces.org) is a startup working to use agriculture to address our city's food access and diet-related health issues. We are into our 3rd year of operation of our first farm, Finca Tres Robles.
Finca Tres Robles is a 1.25 acre farm just 2 miles east of Houston's downtown. We are the only privately run and operated farm inside Houston's 610 loop. Being (young) farmer run and operated, we understand the realities of the work and strive to operate our farm with the farmers in mind. Using our experience and location, we engage our neighborhood and city on the social, business, and political levels to argue the value and need to invest in agricultural infrastructure and skilled farmers.
Finca Tres Robles is a 1.25 acre farm just 2 miles east of Houston's downtown. We are the only privately run and operated farm inside Houston's 610 loop.
We are entering a new phase of our start-up and looking to bring someone else in to manage the farming operations.
Being (young) farmer run and operated, we understand the realities of the work and strive to operate our farm with the farmers in mind. We look to support our manager in their daily needs as we expand and refine current systems and processes and strive to have necessary seasonal support to help through the busiest times of the year.
Become a part of a small but devoted group of young farmers working to creatively discuss and work out solutions in a city known for its lack of health and agricultural infrastructure.
We cultivate approximately 1 acre and run a 30 person CSA (to be expanded), 2 farm stand days, 2 off farm farmers markets. We also offer classes, field trips and host dinners/events.
COMPENSATION this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $10.00 - $13.00
• Run and manage the day to day farm work including harvest, bed prep, greenhouse work, seeding, planting, harvesting, and leading and assisting with field trips and classes.
• Manage the CSA plan, setup, harvest, washing, packing, and drop off.
• Assist in planning weekly priorities through regular meetings with General Manager.
• Direct and mange apprentices, volunteers, and seasonal workers.
• Support and develop the implementation of the planting plan
• Contribute to the development of improved operations through routines, processes, checklists, record keeping, farming techniques, and farm infrastructure projects.
• Various tasks as assigned.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about problem solving! An ideal candidate will have at least 2 years farm experience, managerial experience and implementing a planting plan is preferred but would be willing to train the right candidate. Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Contact Tom Garcia-Prats: email@example.com
a resume that includes at least 3 references,
a brief description of yourself,
and what you would like to accomplish personally as a member of the farm.