Under direction of the building principal, with collaboration of other Farm personnel, to implement curriculum in various subject areas, coordinate specialized and specific instructional programs, and to do related work as required. This position involves running an independent center for school-wide programs similar to math, literacy, and science centers and has the primary responsibility for implementing multi-level curriculum within an existing framework for the school-wide center.
Specific Duties Include:
• Assist the principal and other Farm personnel in planning courses of study and specific lesson plans integrating the Ohlone Farm and science;
• Supervise individual students or small groups of students in practice activities in science;
• Coordinate and communicate with teachers and farm staff and provide instruction to students;
• Attend and participate in those meetings deemed advisable by the principal;
• Assist with the setup, clean up and return of science lab materials, and to help with Farm maintenance when
Instructional Assistant-Farm Science Range 29 ($26.24-$31.88/Hr.)
10 months / 25 hours per week
BA/BS degree with emphasis on specific courses in specialized areas of science preferred.
Work experience in science related position preferred.
Satisfactory work history required.
Satisfactory experience demonstrating tact, courtesy, positive attitude and maintaining cooperative relationships
with those contacted during the course of work.