Quality Certification Services (QCS) has an opening for an International Compliance Specialist to support our Latin America offices (Ecuador and Dominican Republic) to implement compliant USDA-NOP and EU organic certification programs while supporting the organization’s mission to promote organic, regenerative, and sustainable agriculture. This position will specialize in compliance and enforcement and ensure organic certification activities carried out by organic certification reviewers in the international offices are consistent with QCS policies and procedures and accreditation requirements. A primary goal of the first year is to support QCS’ transition for the recognition of compliance under the European Commission (EC) Regulation 848. The right candidate will have experience in organic certification review or inspection under both USDA-NOP and EU organic standards, outstanding customer service, and a knack for critical thinking and problem solving. Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish required.
• Plan and implement transition of EU organic certification program to EU 848 compliance in coordination with Organic Program Director.
• Develop and implement training framework for organic certification reviewers and inspectors in the international offices to ensure international program personnel understand the policies and procedures of the QCS organic certification program.
• Develop policies and procedures to ensure consistent compliance evaluation and enforcement across standards. This includes working with Ecuador Technical Manager to integrate Ecuador National Standard into a consistent certification framework.
• Advise international organic program staff on organic import and export requirements.
• Provide guidance and oversight on complex organic compliance issues and enforcement activities.
• Provide guidance on the evaluation of corrective action plans for compliance and implementation.
• Notify organic applicants and certified operations served by international offices of pesticide residue and GMO test results.
• Respond to questions from applicants and certified operations regarding test results.
• As designated, review EU derogation requests for any EU operations served by international offices. Make and document derogation decisions.
• Review recommendations for organic certification, make certification decisions and sign organic certificates for USDA-NOP and EU organic programs as designated.
• Approve and sign enforcement notices as designated.
• Write special instructions to inspectors for compliance inspections as assigned, including those related to complaints, investigations, and sampling.
• Review inspection reports for additional/unannounced inspections as assigned and commence enforcement actions as applicable.
Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, food science, biology, chemistry or other relevant field of study and minimum of 2 years’ experience in organic certification, inspection, or related experience. Fluent in English and Spanish.
Find a full job description and apply here: https://www.careersinfood.com/international-compliance-specialist-for-or...