Landscape Installation Site Leader, Orchard Keepers - Full-time foreperson position
Orchard Keepers is hiring for a leadership position on our landscape installation team. Throughout the year, our installation team is involved in all aspects of landscape install. While we focus on the edible aspects of the landscape (home orchards and veggie gardens), we are a full service company that also installs all manner of hardscape (pavers, flagstone, walkways, terraces, patios, garden structures, etc), irrigation systems and ornamental gardens.
TBD- based on experience
Health Care- OK pays for 100% of Bronze plan with Kaiser (takes effect 30 days after hire) for full time staff.
• Material gathering
• Work closely with our Project Manager (Andy) to keep on task and make sure all goes smooth.
• Instructing crew on the ‘how-to’s’ and keep them on task, as needed
• Planting, building, irrigation installation
• Client interactions
You must have a valid CA drivers license and looking to grow your skills with us for a long term commitment (3 years plus)
• Excellent communication and client relation skills-ability to convey information clearly
• Ability to manage daily tasks independently and run the jobsite efficiently
• Familiarity with irrigation systems- underground pvc, valve manifolds, drip systems
• Good knowledge base of CA native plants, edible plants, and fruit trees
• Experience and comfortability using a host of power tools to construct basic outdoor structures
• Aware of how to create and maintain proper soil health and soil moisture
• Highly organized with a focus on detail
• Creative and solution based thinker
If interested please send a resume and answer the question below:
What would you say is your favorite (or in your top 3) task in the garden?
Email resume, cover letter, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org