Prunuske Chatham, Inc. (PCI) is seeking a landscaper/restoration technician to join our team in Sebastopol, California.
PCI is a small, multi-disciplinary firm that specializes in ecological restoration and natural resource assessment and planning in Northern California. Our team of scientists, planners, landscape architects, engineers, and construction crew work together to find ecological solutions to human challenges, and to help sustain diverse, resilient natural communities. We work with partners and clients ranging from conservation non-profits, park and open space districts, and resource conservation districts to utilities and private landowners. To learn more about PCI, visit www.pcz.com.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, team-oriented individual with experience in landscape installation and/or landscape maintenance. The successful candidate will be assigned to our construction crew.
We are looking for an individual who:
• Has technical career interest in Natural Resource Conservation or Landscape Construction
• Demonstrates personal responsibility, consistency, and productivity
• Is able to understand and follow detailed verbal instructions given by supervisor
• Has a strong desire to learn trade skills and is self-motivated to excel at fieldwork
• Has a track record with safety, including field safety and use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Can complete paperwork in a timely way and manage/track expenses on time sheets & daily reports
As a landscape/restoration technician, you will help implement projects including revegetation, irrigation installation, planting maintenance, erosion control, and invasive species management. The crew member will work at a variety of locations, in a crew or independently at times, including remote sites with limited access in preserves, private landholdings, and mitigation sites. This position is a hands-on, entry level, field-based career position. It can provide the right candidate an opportunity to explore the profession of ecological restoration.
• Minimum: High School Graduate or equivalent, with literacy in English language
• Good communication skills
• Respectful attitude towards others
• Able to lift at least 50 lb. of weight frequently throughout assigned work day
• Able to work in various positions including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
• 1 year experience in landscaping and/or general engineering construction
• Capable of travel throughout northern California on an as needed basis
• Clean CA Driver’s License (Class C); Class A or B a bonus
• Reliable transportation
• Community College or Trade education in construction or landscaping trades or similar.
• Operator hours with small to medium sized equipment (mini and large excavators, backhoe, front end loader, skip loader, bulldozer, etc.).
• Ability to identify invasive plant species; an understanding of native plant care
• Ability to read detailed planting and site plans
• Field experience with laser level, finish grading, site specific planting requirements
• Experience with various sources of irrigation, pumps, irrigation system design and repair.
• Is open to either full-time or seasonal (typically May-December) workflow
Please submit a résumé and cover letter that describes your interest in the position and PCI to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Landscaper” in the subject line. A background check including drug test will be required following any offer of employment. We look forward to hearing from you. The review and interview process will continue until the position is filled.