The primary responsibility of the Landscaping Assistant will be the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds throughout the farm
• Perform upkeep needs of various areas around the farm, including but not limited to, gates and call boxes at main entrances, as well in and around farm buildings
• Monitor irrigation of plant/trees to ensure sufficient watering
• Performance of daily task, including but not limited to, dead-head plants, pruning, and mulching, planting, mowing, weed whacking, blowing, trimming, trenching, digging, trash clearing and hand weeding
• Planting, replanting, pruning, treating diseased plants and trees, gopher trapping as needed, seeding and seed collection, transplants, etc.
• Works Habitat team (under direction of management) for Habitat and Landscape needs
• Professional and positive attitude
• Able to operate power blowers, string trimmers and 21” mowers (REQUIRED)
• Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 35 pounds.
• Able/willing to work in a variety of weather conditions – rain, heat, heavy winds, etc.
• Ability to work in fast-pace environment
• Must be able to follow directions and follow-through
• Minimum of 2-4 years of landscaping experience
• Irrigation Experience (preferred)
• Knowledge of California Native and a wide range of plants including annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees (Preferred)
• Ability to effectively communicate clearly with team, co-workers, management, and vendors.
• For safety purposes, the ability to swim is a must
• Process and detail-oriented
Monday – Friday 6:30 am to 3:00pm
Weekends and evening hours may be necessary during emergencies.
• Excellent health benefits package, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Vacation, Paid Farm Holidays, 401K, 401K Matching, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Discounts
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com