The Lead Picker/Orchard Workers is responsible for the care and harvesting of all fruit trees along under the guidance of the Orchard Team Lead. This includes but is not limited to, planting, pruning, pest scouting, weeding, tying, thinning and pruning.
● Responsible for the harvesting of fruit in a safe, efficient manner, ensuring productivity & quality goals are met.
● Ability to lead a crew efficiently.
● Participate in the training of contract workers that are harvesting fruit.
● Picking, washing, sorting, grading and packing of produce.
● Assist with orchard testing and tracking.
● Responsible for irrigation installation, repair and maintenance as required.
● Responsible for clearing and maintaining irrigation ditches, to ensure proper flow.
● Responsible for fence construction and repair as needed
● Responsible for gopher trapping
● Maintain a safe environment and train employees on safety in the orchard
● Lead by example - keeping a positive work environment for the team.
● Maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee information.
● Accomplishes department & organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
● Support the farm’s needs outside of all core responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the moving and organizing of equipment, tools, and other related items, as well as addressing reasonable requests by Farm Management.
● Expected to use care and consideration with the Apricot Lane Farms tools and vehicles, returning all items to their proper homes and keeping a tidy workspace.
● Maintain a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
● Maintain a positive attitude and communicate any issues to direct supervisors and Farm Management according to Apricot Lane Farms protocol for discussion and resolution.
• Valid Driver's License
• Bilingual - Spanish & English (Preferred)
• Forklift and Tractor experience (A Plus)
• Ability to work well independently
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heavy rain, heavy winds, etc)
Please provide Cover Letter & Resume.