Loaves & Fishes is a long-established, volunteer-driven, nonprofit organization that provides healthy meals to Minnesotans in areas where need is greatest. Today, thousands of our meals are served daily via multi-faceted programming across the state: public dining with face-to-face advocacy, student meals and snacks, street outreach, free produce markets, and The HUB – an affordable fresh food option that benefits small community meal programs and nonprofits and the populations they serve. To support our meal services, we source food innovatively by growing fruits, vegetables and herbs at our own farm and gardens, receiving fresh produce from food partners, and operating an environmentally responsible food rescue program that captures wasted food from restaurants, schools and businesses. Throughout, we are guided by our vision that all people, regardless of socioeconomic, cultural, religious or ethnic background, deserve to meet their basic needs for food, dignity and respect.
In 2015, our mission was enhanced with the launch of Farm for All. Since then thousands of farm-to-table meals have been served, elevating the health and well-being of Minnesotans in need. With strong community support and
sound agricultural management, a record-breaking 12,000 pounds of fresh produce was harvested in 2019.
Location: Twin Cities Metro Activity Area: Food and/or Housing Related
Category: Program Management Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Seasonal Salary: $17-$19/hour
Hours: 40 hours/week May-October
The Farm for All Program Manager oversees all aspects of the Farm for All initiative. Please see Duties & Responsibilities for more specifics.
- Directly manage all aspects of the farm including but not limited to design, planting, watering, weed management, pest management, nutrient management, tool maintenance, harvest and delivery.
- Develop and manage a budget for the Farm for All program.
- Maintain detailed records including a field plan, planting dates and location, harvested crops with weights, purchases, and volunteer information.
- Hire, train, and manage the summer intern.
- Work closely with the Loaves & Fishes Volunteer Coordinator and/or independently manage volunteer sign ups.
- Design and lead team-building volunteer opportunities for corporate and youth volunteer teams ranging from 5 to 100 volunteers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with project partners.
- Communicate and collaborate with Loaves & Fishes grants manager to write successful grants that meet the budgetary needs of the program.
- Implement programming and document purchases for received grants.
- Represent and promote Loaves & Fishes through written communication, in-person volunteer coordinating, and media communication.
- Maintain strong and amiable relationships with lessors of garden properties.
- Provide weekly email updates to Loaves & Fishes staff and Board of Directors and lessors about farm progress and projected harvests.
- Communicate with Central Office staff and attend monthly staff meetings.
- Duties as assigned.
This position requires:
-Strong communication skills
-Ability to make clear decisions in a fast-paced environment
-Ability to treat others with dignity and respect
-Ability to take direction from management
-Ability to manage
-Ability to work with various groups with differing needs
-Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
Applicants must have at least three years of relevant experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Cathy Maes at email@example.com.