The Science and Sustainability Manager will contribute to the next phase of growth within our SureHarvest business division. You will join a team dedicated to a meaningful contribution to the agricultural value chain and improving social and environmental outcomes. Leverage your sustainable agriculture expertise to complete deliverables and drive implementation of professional services and technology solutions in multi-year client engagements. Be challenged by working independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Deploy subject matter expertise working in the agri-food value chain to the benefit of clients and team members across the value chain.
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and lead, coordinate and execute activities for assigned client projects.
• Develop project objectives, scope, work plans, budgets, resources, and timelines. Monitor progress and take actions to ensure project success.
• Complete professional service deliverables: strategic planning and facilitation, needs assessment reports, feasibility studies, and other analytical reports and presentations.
• Maintain and grow expertise in relevant subject matter and evaluate technical matters related to or affecting agriculture and sustainable production practices.
• Support business development efforts and manage on-going consultative client relationships, with the result of fostering deeper client engagement.
• Develop and present client proposals, service agreements, etc. in support of client acquisition and onboarding.
• Lead and/or support development of federal and state agency-grant funding opportunities in support of current accounts and development of new client relationships.
• Research project funding sources and maintain expertise in market and industry core competencies. Contribute to the development of strategic objectives and best practices for professional services.
• Act as a company representative and liaison with leaders in public, private, government, non-government organizations (NGOs), non-profit and academic organizations.
• Attend conferences, presentations, grower workshops, and sales support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• San Ramon, CA, Castle Rock, CO, or Remote Option
• 10% Travel required
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Where Food Comes From, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years proven track record of client services experience, including work at a senior level, or equivalent combination.
• 5+ years’ experience relevant to environmental issues and sustainability standards applicable to the agri-food industry with data analysis and certification/auditing.
• Knowledge of agri-food systems and related information technologies.
• Exceptional communication, technical documentation, professional presentation, collaboration, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Flexibility, focus and resilience in the face of high workload and competing demands.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to uncover and interpret client needs for effective solutions.
• Results-driven, strong attention to detail, and process orientation.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint), Salesforce, and other business software applications.
• Experience with data analysis and statistics, including work with applicable statistical software programs (e.g., R, Stata, SAS, JMP)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• We understand that each candidate has a unique background and experience. The following qualifications are not required but can strengthen the candidacy for applicants. Experience with:
o A track-record of client engagement
o Managing projects with hourly billing cost structures
o Securing and managing grant-funded projects
o Software development lifecycle methods (e.g. Agile, Kanban, etc.)
o Leading project teams
• Advanced Degree in natural or social sciences, business, public administration or related. Graduate degree (Masters or PhD) required.
Please go to https://www.wherefoodcomesfrom.com/careers