**Market Gardener for Trillium North Stonington Farm and Brewery**
Trillium is an independent family-run hospitality business looking for an experienced and passionate Market Gardener to join our growing team! At Trillium, we believe in the intuitive beauty of the natural New England landscape, the comfort of a wood fire, and the joys of sharing great food and beer. We create space for people to share memorable experiences, pursuing our passions with integrity and a continuous drive to improve, innovate, and grow.
The Market Gardener will be a part of our first farming project at our property in North Stonington Connecticut. We are looking for a self motivated individual to execute our plans for this growing season. This position will help integrate our farm operations into the Trillium ecosystem which includes craft breweries, beer gardens, and a restaurant.
**Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities**
- Adhere to Trillium Brewing Company's high standard for health and safety and respect for the land
- Establish a 1.4 acre Market Garden including preparing beds, building caterpillar tunnels, and establishing paths.
- Coordinating with the broader facilities team in planning for execution of initial plot construction
- Managing the planting, harvesting, and storing of crops to ensure best quality.
- Use of a full range of hand tools and agricultural machinery such as small tractors with accessories in a safe manner.
- Ensure all equipment and tools are in good safe working order, kept secure, clean, and returned to their storage location after use.
- Purchasing seeds and/or plants as well as other tools and supplies as necessary.
Planning and Record Keeping
- Keeping accurate records of purchases and updating budget.
- Keeping accurate records of farming activities.
- Identify and recommend any additional resources necessary to complete first season growing.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, with company contribution
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Trillium comp card
- Philanthropy match
- Quarterly performance based bonus
- Paid time off, sick time, and personal days
- Discounts on Trillium merchandise and at Trillium restaurant
- Free Premium Content: JM Fortier Masterclass & Neversink Farm Masterclasses
**Desired Qualifications and Abilities**
Education and Experience
- Farm management coursework, diploma, or degree preferred
- Experience with crop management software
- Permanent, no-till or low-till bed establishment and management
- Biointensive market gardening techniques
- Experience and knowledge in growing vegetables, herbs, flowers, and fruit
- Experience working with a wide variety of tools and agricultural equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Capable of working from plans provided
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend and lift items up to 55 lbs repetitively unassisted
- Ability to work extended periods without oversight
- Awareness of health and safety standards
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan work over an extended schedule
Please send resume and cover letter to Danielle Clark Cole, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org