Perform as an administrative support person, to assist implementation of Sanctuary initiatives. The individual would work closely with the sanctuary superintendent and deputy superintendent with administrative functions supporting the local offices.
-Assist staff in producing written materials to address public questions
-Work with the superintendent to respond to inquiries internal to NOAA and ONMS and correspond with other agencies' partners and
internal to ONMS.
-Assist the Superintendent with day-to-day operational demands of the sanctuary such as meeting scheduling, administration support,
special projects, and general public outreach, preparing for public speaking engagements, preparing written documents, assisting in
planning special events, ceremonies, tours and press conferences.
-Track and process informational requests and prepare material and packets.
-Work at Sanctuary booths or otherwise represent the Sanctuary during special events.
-Assist the deputy superintendent with the administrative functions of the Sanctuary’s Advisory Council (SAC), work closely with the deputy -
superintendent’s coordination of and participation in virtual or in-person SAC meeting requirements and those of its working groups (the
SAC meets 6 times each year; the three standing working groups meet either monthly or bimonthly. The SAC has 28 members representing a
wide variety of agencies and user groups within MBNMS
-Schedule, and attend all MBNMS SAC meetings; Produce and distribute SAC related information (web, email) and take minutes from the SAC
meetings by means of written notes and a digital sound recording system; work with the deputy to develop and implement organizational
strategies for the SAC
- Assist the deputy to track MBNMS’s management plan accomplishments
- Assist superintendent to track MBNMS projects and policy initiatives.
-Serve as the point of contact for MBNMS office travel.
High School diploma
-Post-secondary coursework or experience in marine science and/or professional administrative experience with
excellent written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of national marine sanctuaries and ocean conservation issues.
-Professionalism and experience in dealing with a variety of audiences.
-The ability to compile, organize and articulate ideas and recommendations to the superintendent.
- Administrative skills necessary to assist sanctuary management with special projects, presentations and operational
-Experience in planning, coordinating and facilitating virtual and in-person meetings
- Ability to effectively produce and distribute meeting information for the advisory and decision-making body
- Ability to take notes at meetings and to synthesize them into official minutes.
- Ability and willingness to prioritize work, meet deadlines as assigned and to work as a team player with sanctuary
working group representatives and staff
- Ability and flexibility to travel locally.
- Experience with word processing; web design, document scanning, and digital recording systems.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred.
Visit this link to apply - https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1035612