We are seeking an enthusiastic, thoughtful and hard working person to join the crew on our family farm. Open Field Farm is a diversified biodynamic farm, raising mixed vegetables and flowers, herbs, corn, grain, grass fed beef, lamb, and laying hens for our 100-member CSA program in Petaluma, California. We cultivate 8 acres in annual vegetable production, plus 2 high tunnels, and grow more than 150 varieties of crops year round.
• Monday April 6th-Friday December 4th
• Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
• 1 hour unpaid lunch: noon to 1 pm
• Monthly weekend chores in a rotation with other crew
• A full CSA membership, including vegetables, grain, beef, and eggs
• Housing offered with no additional rent or utility payments; flat fee for internet
• Work will be in the fields and hoop houses, assisting with the production of market vegetables. It will include but not be limited to: Seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigating, and harvesting of a wide variety of vegetables and flowers.
• Introduction to tractor safety and a possibility for some tractor work.
• Maintenance of the grounds, including perennial gardens and the barnyard areas.
• Enthusiastic about farm work, ability to problem solve and enjoys being part of a team.
• Previous agricultural experience required, including at least one year of tractor work
• Good physical condition for extended amounts of outdoor labor in all seasons and all weather (able to bend, sit, squat, rake, shovel, lift 50 lbs, and carry).
• Must be reliable and timely.
• Able to follow instructions.
• Able to operate tools and mechanical equipment safely.
• Please send us your resume and cover letter explaining what brought you to agriculture and what interests you about working at Open Field Farm.