CVFS is looking for an Operations Manager to assume operational responsibility for the management of our 4,000 square foot aggregation and distribution facility located in Esparto. The Operations Manager will work collaboratively with a dedicated team to conduct core services and drive the continued growth of the business. The Operations Manager will report to the General Manager.
- Facilitate aggregation and distribution to ensure every customer receives high-quality, source-identified products and courteous service.
- Manage and coordinate facility and fleet maintenance to sustain efficient productivity and a clean, safe work environment.
- Supervise warehouse and delivery staff members while promoting a healthy, collaborative, and adaptive workplace culture.
- Maintain product handling expectations, food safety standards, and inventory best practices to ensure timely pick-ups and receiving, excellent quality, and continuous improvement.
- Work with the CVFS management team to integrate systems thinking to recognize opportunities and activities that bring benefit to the producers, buyers, and food hub.
- A passion to learn and contribute to the success of the business as well as the farms and ranches we represent
- Inclination to adapt and grow with the company
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, meet deadlines, take initiative, direct, and delegate in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistent follow-through
- Commitment to exceeding the customer's expectations
- Capacity to train and coordinate team members as well as to develop effective training materials
- Experience in warehouse work
- Ability to pick up on new software systems
- Experience driving box trucks or other comparably-sized vehicles
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience in the produce industry, local agriculture, and/or distribution with practical knowledge of customer service, retail, and engaging with the public
- Familiarity with the geographical area of our farms (Yolo County) and/or customers (Northern California)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
More information about the position can be found at:
Listing open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications immediately for an anticipated start date in February 2022. No phone calls, please.