Veggielution is hiring for the Operations Manager position, who will play an important support role for Veggielution’s Executive Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will implement the infrastructure and systems needed to support strategic objectives and ensure that Veggielution is effectively poised to fully take advantage of growth and scale opportunities currently accessible to our organization. The Operations Manager will serve as a liaison to the City of San Jose Parks, Recreation, Neighborhood Services (PRNS) team to strengthen Veggielution’s partnership. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, flexible, adept at managing change, and driven by our mission to connect people from diverse backgrounds through food and farming to build community in East San Jose. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports directly to the Executive Director.
1) Serve as partner to the Executive Director on the organization’s administrative and operational processes, with a goal of continuously developing and improving systems
2) Work with Executive Director and Board to initiate development of Master Plan
3) Oversee partnership with Emma Prusch Farm Park and City of San Jose Parks, Recreation, Neighborhood Services staff, ensuring contract compliance
4) Lead the planning, logistics and permit requirements of capital projects and special events
5) Manage facilities-related needs, including scheduling/meeting vendors and volunteers and handling after-hours facilities emergencies.
6) Coordinate issues related directly to the day-to-day operations of Veggielution’s 6-acre facility
7) Oversee risk management including insurance, safety, wellness and facility plans. Administer trainings, run drills, and conduct safety audits. Partner with Executive Director to respond to emergencies.
8) Develop and maintain detailed records and maintenance schedules for facilities, vehicles, and equipment
1) Passion for Veggielution’s mission, matched with a strong work ethic
2) Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with the ability and desire to flexibly shift responsibilities as the role and the organization evolve
3) High tolerance for changing work priorities and deadlines, and a willingness to take on responsibilities and prioritize work on multiple projects
4) Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with ability to treat sensitive issues with respect and empathy and maintain strict confidentiality where required
5) Team-player attitude and strong customer-service orientation.
6) Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful
7) Skill at communicating respectfully and empathetically with individuals and families.
8) Ability to proactively manage multiple critical deadlines and quickly adapt in a fast-paced environment, independently following through on completion of tasks
9) Skill at building working relationships with people in both senior- and junior-level roles, both within and beyond Veggielution
10) Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
1) Agricultural or horticultural facilities management experience
2) Managerial/supervisory experience
3) Spanish-language proficiency
Physical and Travel Requirements
1) Valid driver’s license and ability to operate light pick-up truck and food truck
2) Frequent typing/computer and telephone use
3) Routine lifting of project materials and program equipment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to Cayce Hill, Executive Director at: email@example.com
$45,000 annually, excellent health benefits, professional development funds, and paid time off.