The Organic Contract Auditor is an independent contractor who is responsible for conducting onsite audits at Where Food Comes From Organic’s client locations in agriculture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• 100% travel as the schedule dictates
• Auditors will be trained on program requirements and participate in ongoing training, knowledge share
• and process improvement.
• The core verification process includes: coordinating verifications with the office and customer, preparing for onsite verifications, conducting verifications, completing the verification checklist and submitting all relevant information to the Customer Verification Specialist team.
• Additional assignments may designated.
• Independent and free of conflict of interest
• Fair-minded and able to always maintain an objective approach
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Customer-service focused with proven communications and people skills
• Strong sense of urgency towards customer service and task management
• Strong aptitude for professionalism and confidentiality
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and willingness to learn proprietary IT systems with hardware, software and mobile applications
• Extensive experience (5+ years) in livestock/produce/dairy/agriculture industry
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science and/or related agriculture field preferred OR 15+years professional experience in the same field(s)
• Able to travel throughout the region nearest to home base
• Extensive knowledge of agricultural systems, with a primary focus in organic
• Auditing and/or verification or certification experience preferred
• Additional working knowledge and experience in any of the following categories is a plus and will be weighted heavily in preference: non-GMO, food science crops, and/or feed productions systems
• IOIA Organic Crop Inspector training or equivalent experience.
• Food safety and quality standards.
Apply online at https://www.wherefoodcomesfrom.com/careers