The Inspection Coordinator is responsible for managing the Where Food Comes From Organic, Inc. (WFCFO) inspector pool and ensuring all types of inspections and sampling are performed in a timely manner. This position coordinates between WFCFO certification specialists, WFCFO clients, and independently contracted inspectors to schedule and perform inspections. They are essential to the WFCFO team to ensure one of the main requirements for organic certification, the inspection, is accomplished every year.
This position will report directly to the Organic Certification Manager and is available as a remote position.
• Medina, ND or Castle Rock, CO offices
• This position can be remote contingent upon experience. Due to the nature of this position, it is necessary that you are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm, with additional hours possible. Travel is expected to perform field evaluations of inspectors approximately 25% of time or less. Additionally, due to the nature of the information handled within this position, complete confidentiality and refrain from conflict of interest is demanded, and failure to adhere to these requirements is a terminable offense. We are a company that encourages self-starters and we reward highly motivated employees. There is opportunity for growth within this position for the individual who consistently excels in their performance.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Where Food Comes From, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain up to date inspector files and required documentation for independent contractors.
• Work comfortably within a database and mapping programs to identify inspectors and assign an inspector to a client location.
• Regularly communicate, check in and follow up with inspectors to ensure understanding and completion of all assigned tasks by desired time frames.
• Perform Field Evaluations and Quality Assessments for all inspectors in the WFCFO inspector pool. Identify and work to solve any areas of improvement.
• Identify training needs of inspector based on inspector evaluations, quality of work, and client feedback. Develop and perform trainings for WFCFO inspectors based on those needs.
• Recruit and on-board new qualified inspectors to perform WFCFO inspection in areas of need.
• Review inspection reports for completeness and update internal systems during and after the inspection.
• Assess WFCFO inspector availability and business unit capacity for new clients.
• Track and process all organic sampling reports collected at inspection
• Assign and track unannounced inspections to ensure NOP requirements are met each year.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with many diverse individuals.
• Ability to listen and relate to others on a professional level.
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively and efficiently with competing deadlines.
• Self-motivated with excellent organizational management skills.
• Must have a positive, solution-oriented attitude and be a team player.
• Strong sense of urgency towards customer service and task management.
• Ability to motivate others and apply critical thinking to solve problems
• Computer skills including: All Microsoft software, using mapping tools, extensive database software, and google maps.
• Experience coordinating large, diverse sets of people to accomplish tasks.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field(s).
• Experience in or knowledge of the USDA National Organic Program and regulations.
• Ability or experience in training program development and implementation.
• Experience performing organic inspections or similar audits.
• Experience working as an inspection’s coordinator for organic certifier.
• Experience in regulatory environments.
• Experience working in SalesForce or similar database.