Farmer Veteran Coalition is a national nonprofit organization based in Davis, California, whose mission is to mobilize veterans to feed America. We support our nation's military veterans, and currently serving members of the Armed Forces, by providing them with education, resources and assistance as they embark on careers in agriculture.
We achieve our mission through three core programs: Veteran Outreach Services, the Farmer Veteran Fellowship Fund and the Homegrown By Heroes label.
Currently, we are seeking a motivated individual to join our Veteran Outreach team.
Summary of Position:
As a Veteran Outreach Coordinator, you will be the initial point of contact for veterans and transitioning service members around the country as they inquire about our programs and services. Veteran Outreach Coordinators are highly knowledgeable about our offerings and a significant amount of time is spent educating and connecting veterans with appropriate programs/services, sharing resources and providing guidance. Ideal candidates will have a strong agricultural background.
Additional duties include:
• Entering and searching member information in our Salesforce database
• Researching agricultural best practices and finding resource materials to share with veterans
• Delivering periodic reports on membership metrics and providing recommendations
• Attending conferences and events on behalf of FVC to promote our organization
• Answering inquiries via phone and email
• Developing working relationships with personnel from various government and nonprofit partner organizations
• Being an active and engaged member in planning meetings
• Keeping up to date with news that impacts the farming and military communities
• Other tasks assigned as needed
• Military and farming/agricultural background (exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis. See Bonus Points)
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Willingness to travel to events, conferences and other activities if needed
• Team player who is comfortable sharing their thoughts and ideas in a small group setting
• Willingness to take initiative when opportunities present themselves
• Attention to detail and ability to track your work is a must
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficiency with WordPress and understanding of HTML
• Proficiency using Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign
• Business plan writing experience
• B.S. in an Ag-related field or B.A. in Communications
Visit our website: www.farmvetco.org
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com