The Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF) fosters the improvement and widespread adoption of organic farming systems. Since our founding in 1990, OFRF has sponsored organic farming education, outreach, and competitive grant making, investing millions of dollars in research grants throughout the United States. This work is complemented by efforts to share our findings with growers, policy makers, agricultural institutions, and federal agencies that can use the results to implement broader change. OFRF envisions a future where organic farming is the leading form of agriculture.
OFRF is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Partnership and Development Manager. This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits, based out of our Santa Cruz, CA office. Some travel is required. The Partnership and Development Manager is responsible for overseeing individual donor stewardship; corporate sponsorships; special events; direct mail, and online giving as well as supporting foundation relationships and proposals. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated ability to show initiative, achieve goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
OFRF offers competitive salaries, a full range of benefits, flexible work schedules and a great work environment. We look for co-workers who can have fun while working as hard as we do for a cause we love.
• Manage and implement annual fundraising plan in partnership with consultants, staff, and board.
• Support donor cultivation and stewardship through the identification of prospects, donor cultivation and relationship building, managing donation processing platforms, creating and managing campaign strategies, overseeing the management of donor records, and other related tasks.
• Research trends in philanthropy, donor stewardship best practices, and use of fundraising tools.
• Explore and implement other creative fundraising opportunities and programs such as planned giving, membership-based programs, merchandising, etc.
• Meet with the board development committee to create and fundraising strategies and goals.
• Create corporate development campaign for the year with input from Executive Director and board.
• Conduct corporate research and prospecting and support Executive Director in cultivating and maintaining corporate relationships and making high-level asks.
• Identify, track, and negotiate appropriate sponsorship opportunities; develop and implement schedule of benefits; draft contracts as needed.
• Work with the Executive Director, board, and staff to explore and design new ways to increase level of giving and re-engage lapsed donors,and expand current donor base using web, print,and events.
• Support Executive Director in cultivating and maintaining high-capacity donors and making high-level asks.
• Maintain donor files and manage donor acknowledgements and recognition.
• Manage grant support staff and contractors, providing general guidance on prospecting, writing, tracking, and submitting grant applications.
• Design and produce fundraising events with support of Executive Director, OFRF staff, and contracted event manager (depending on scope of event).
Other tasks, as assigned.
Skills and Qualities
• Three to six years philanthropic development experience, with a successful history in raising funds through a range of activities including individual donors, corporations, direct mail, e-fundraising, and special events. Comparable experience in sales and/or marketing will also be considered.
• Proficiency with Macs and PCs, development tracking software, publication and design programs, and common software applications: i.e., Microsoft Office, Google Drive/Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop Illustrator), and SalesForce.
• Willingness to travel occasionally.
• Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
• Enjoys working with a team and independently.
• Outgoing personality with a passion for networking and connecting with a diverse range of supporters (such as corporate teams, high-capacity individuals, and farmers).
• Basic understanding of fundraising best practices and comfort making asks for philanthropic support.
• Ownership over creating and meeting deadlines.
• Willingness and confidence to make smaller donation asks.
• Strong commitment to the mission, values, and goals of OFRF.
Submit your complete packet with “OFRF Partnership and Development Manager” in subject line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants should submit:
• A cover letter stating your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements.
• A resume outlining your skills and experience.
Please visit http://www.ofrf.orgto learn more about the Organic Farming Research Foundation.
This position will remain open until filled.
Organic Farming Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.