20+ year landscape construction and horticultural care company seeks manager and site lead in Park City, Utah
Founder wishes step away from daily operations and seeks manager / collaborator to oversee daily and season’s operations. Company, founded in the mid 90’s, developed methodologies in the commercial landscape setting with Nature as Teacher. We have been voted “Best Landscaper” in Park City several years in a row. We are best known for our organic practices, water flow / storage practices, our attentive customer service, crew knowledge / training and our inclusive work culture.
We are at 7,000’ elevation and our site work runs roughly April – early November. Winters offer open space for travel / ski.
There is pre and post season administrative work.
This position is a minimum of a two year commitment.
Covid considerations: In 2020 protocols were written by crew and founder and we completed a successful and sans-Covid season.
- This is a salaried position with benefits
- Paid vacation which can be taken during our site work season or at season's site work end.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Self-care: optional monthly acupuncture and massage
-Retirement account with matching contribution after first year
- This position will start virtually in March or sooner at an hourly rate.
Position responsibilities and activities – the intent of this list is to describe the nature and tone of this position and hiring is not contingent upon mastery of each of these elements. Experience in these areas is preferred but not a requirement to apply for the position.
This position is a 2 year commitment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Horticultural care
- Landscape construction
- Physical stamina for the rigors of site work
- Water flows, catchment, grading
- Soil health / biology
- Site management: running crews and interface with clients
- Daily, weekly and annual paperwork / documentation
- Project scheduling
- Non-violent communication and conflict resolution
- Fleet management & care (3 vehicles)
- Inventory management / ordering
- Vendor & subcontractor coordination
- Budgeting & resource allotment
- Collaboration with hiring & training
- Site management
- Human resource record-keeping
- Work with staff whose English is not first language
- Conflict resolution
- Team-building / trust-building
- Cultivating playfulness and fun while maintaining safe workspace
- Upholding safety and Covid protocols
- Continued study, education & coursework
- Assistance with spring, crew orientation and training protocols
- Modeling personal disciplines and standards you would like to see your crew
- Working alongside Gaian / permaculture systems to achieve
client goals & co-worker relations
- Upholding social and environmental ethos and company tenets
- Self-reflection / self-awareness / courageous devoir
- Collaboration with owner, crewmembers and Nature
- Company community service
- Expansion into new company specialties after first year
- Completed Permaculture Design Certificate
- Minimum 2 years with related work
- Human and project management experience
- Plant knowledge
- Two year commitment
- Reside in Park City, Utah
- Sense of humor
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location of PDC, teachers and any other permaculture / soil trainings
- All work experience related or otherwise
- Passions, hobbies, curiosities
- Certifications or courses completed, such as CPR, non-violent communication, first aid, etc.
- List of references both personal and professional