SpringRain Farm is hiring a bunch of new production specialists to assist the Farmer and the Farm Manager in raising all the annual and perennial plants on the farm. This includes prepping of beds, planting seeds directly and for transplanting outside and in our greenhouses, transplanting outside and in our greenhouses, irrigation management, weeding, trellising, pruning, thinning, harvesting, and sorting, labeling, and storing the various crops using proper post-harvest handling and good cooler management. In addition to vegetable production work, the grower will help will all other aspects of the job as needed: picking berries, cleaning, planting perennial berries, caring for animals, building infrastructure, etc.
A successful person will love tending plants, working indoors and outdoors, and enjoy the rhythms of farm work. They will have exquisite attention to detail, be able to closely follow directions, be able to work independently while rapidly and efficiently completing daily activities.
Season is March 1 through October 31. Hourly compensation is DOE plus WiFi access, paid sick leave, paid medical/family leave, and meat, eggs, and seasonal produce from the farm. Free on-farm housing may be available. Winter work may be available, but is not guaranteed. Winter work may be available, but is not guaranteed.
At least one successful season of working/growing on an organic farm
Superb attention to detail and quality.
▪ Clean driving record and valid drivers license
▪ Ability to organize tasks, prioritize activities, and meet daily and weekly outcomes
▪ Willingness to follow directions and work independently or as part of a team as needed
▪ Excellent problem solving skills are a must
▪ Appreciation of farm financial needs and the importance of efficient and effective work
▪ Patience and ability to work well with diverse people under stressful conditions
▪ Flexibility and willingness to address unforeseen events and work needs
▪ Able to work effectively on physically demanding jobs for extended periods
▪ Able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
▪ Ability and willingness to work effectively in inclement weather conditions
▪ Dedication to sustainable farming lifestyle