The Program Manager works under the direction of the Program Director to plan and oversee all aspects relating to Veggielution’s work promoting healthy food access at Veggielution farm stands and onsite and offsite events. This role requires previous project management experience. As it is a new position to Veggielution, ideal candidates will be self-motivated, flexible, adept at managing change, and driven by our mission to connect people from diverse backgrounds through food and farming to build community in East San Jose. This is a full-time, exempt position, with a five day work week including Saturdays.
● Non-conventional mix of office and outdoor work environment requires affinity for interacting with visitors in a farm setting.
● Tuesday-Saturday work week with occasional early morning or late evening work
Salary: $65,000 per year, plus excellent health benefits, professional development funds, and generous paid time off. Because we know the practice of compensation negotiation can contribute to pay inequities, this compensation rate is non-negotiable.
Veggielution is committed to being a multicultural organization that embraces shared leadership and is passionate about achieving social justice.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Strengthening, diversifying, and expanding the Eastside Connect program
● With the Program Director, develop workplan, goals and objectives for the Eastside Connect program in accordance with Veggielution’s mission, goals, and strategic plan.
● Manage Veggielution farm stands at Emma Prusch Farm Park and SoFA Market, including set-up and breakdown, staffing, and volunteer coordination.
● Meet regularly with Veggielution Farm Manager to develop strong internal ordering processes
● Develop and adhere to annual budget
● Work with Communications Team to develop signage, newsletters, and marketing
2. Growing partnerships
● Recruit and select local, organic BIPOC farmers and other vendors
● Field inquiries via phone and email from vendors
● Lead Veggielution’s participation in the monthly Mercadito at The School of Arts
3. Carrying out supervisory and operational responsibilities
● Supervise, train, and evaluate performance of the Food Distribution Coordinator and Hub Coordinator
● Support development of a positive work environment grounded in interpersonal trust, cooperation, and communication
● Provide leadership, supervision, and guidance to Eastside Connect program team
Education and Experience Requirements
● Demonstrated deep commitment to and belief in Veggielution’s mission
● Strong organizational and logistical skills
● Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, teamwork orientation, and
ability to motivate wide range of people with a sensitivity to issues of cultural
● Demonstrated ability to manage projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
● Project management experience and leading teams to meet deadlines in efficient
● Resourceful and proactive
● High level of personal responsibility and optimism
● Ability to interact with all levels within an organization both independently and as
a part of a team with all levels of staff
● High proficiency in Spanish and English
● Office software proficiency, including Microsoft Office and Google Drive
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Veggielution is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: Open until filled.