Orchard Keepers is a home orchard, edible garden and ecological landscape company based in Santa Cruz. Our teams work on both sides of the hill in the Monterey bay and South Bay area.
This is a great opportunity for someone excited about fruit trees, looking for a career with a great company.
We are looking to hire a year-round crew leader on our skilled Pruning Crew. Must be able to meet at our Santa Cruz headquarters to carpool at 7:30 am.
- Pruning: dormant season and in-season pruning of deciduous and evergreen fruit trees and cane fruit at home orchard sites
- Orchard check-ups: observation throughout the growing season to curb any potential issues
- Working solo and with a team
- Drive a truck and trailer or aptitude to learn
- Communicate with clients
- Fruit tree pruning experience: basic understanding of different fruiting and growth habits of each type of fruit tree
- Excited about fruit trees and eager to learn more!
- Works well with others and communicates clearly
- Great customer service
- Minimum 2 years experience in horticulturally-related field, preferably with fruit trees.
- Valid CA driver's license with a clean driving record
- Punctual and dependable
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Able to direct a team and keep folks on task
- DOE, starting at $20/hr minimum
- Annual raise of up to 5%
- Health Care (OK pays 100% of Kaiser Bronze Plan)
Pay: From $20.00 per hour and Up DOE
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
All employees must wear masks inside the shop and vehicles regardless of vaccination status.
Santa Cruz, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Fruit tree care: 1 year (Required)
Driver's License (Required)
Apply on Indeed or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org