Quality and Compliance Specialist
Marroquin is looking for an experienced individual who is adept with quality systems, regulatory compliance, domestic/foreign governing body requirements of the food industry in general and the organic sector particularly.
As a member and integral part of the 3-person Supply Chain operation you will be expected to cross train in supply chain and logistics functions so that you can act as backup for other team members.
About the Organization
Marroquin Organic International supplies Organic and non-GMO specialty, technical ingredients for food, beverage, nutraceutical, pet food and cosmetic manufacturers. We have been at the forefront of the dynamic growth of the organic industry for over 25 years.
Marroquin distributes ingredients primarily from international suppliers to the North American market. We have a well-established reputation as a trusted, reliable partner, and pride ourselves in exemplary customer service.
You will be responsible for
• Keeping up-to-date on regulatory and compliance requirements
• Maintaining Marroquin’s organic certification and prepare annual re-certification
• Ensuring Marroquin meets all new and existing regulatory requirements
• Ensuring that suppliers meet all regulatory and compliance requirements
• Working directly with supplier’s quality personnel
• Obtaining all necessary documentation
• Maintaining documentation and records
• Facilitating domestic audits as well as potential international travel for auditing purposes
• Providing documentation to customers as required
• Completing customer’s supplier surveys
• Fulfilling requests for sample material and specifications
• Ensure customer insurance requirements are met
Develop, maintain and execute quality systems
• Non-conforming material
• Inspection policies and procedures
• Coordinate independent analysis
• Customer corrective action requests
• Documentation validation
Supply chain management
Maintain understanding and qualifications of supply chain planning, management and logistics processes, in order to act as back up for other team members.
We are a small (but mighty) organization of 8, so you will be expected to take on any other tasks, as necessary, to keep the operation running smoothly.
The position will report to the Director of Supply Chain management.
Marroquin Organic headquarters are located in Santa Cruz, California.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, creative, self-motivated, trustworthy, authentic, and comfortable working in a dynamic, and rapidly changing environment. You will be enthusiastic about engaging in intentional communication strategies to foster an open, trusting, collaborative and focused workplace.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• 3+ years work experience in compliance, regulatory or quality systems management in the food industry
• Familiarity with organic certification and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to create processes, procedures and systems
• Customer service orientation and superb customer service skills
• Comfort representing the organization with executive-level management at multinational corporations
• Highly organized, with meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills
• Proficient using common workplace productivity tools, and ideally, proficient using Mac OS
• Willingness to be flexible, adaptable and proactive in a constantly changing industry
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to
Inquiries received via phone call will not be eligible for review.
Marroquin Organic International is an equal opportunity employer.