Real Food Farm is Civic Works’ 8-acre urban farm enterprise that grows fresh vegetables and
fruit in and around Clifton Park in Northeast Baltimore. Our goal is to build a just and sustainable
food system by improving neighborhood access to healthy food, providing experience-based
education, and developing an economically viable, environmentally responsible local agriculture
sector. We strive to offer high-quality education programs as an important facet of improving
food access and engaging the Baltimore community. On a yearly basis, Real Food Farm
welcomes over 2,000 visitors for field trips, service learning activities, volunteer events and
educational programs. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and
entrepreneurial-minded individual to join our dynamic team as Education Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Education Coordinator will oversee all
educational programming at Real Food Farm. The Education Coordinator is responsible for the
quality and types of educational programming offered by Real Food Farm. The Education
Coordinator will oversee two summer job programs for youth, focusing on agriculture and
conservation. As we continue to grow, the Education Coordinator will be the primary person
responsible for solidifying the mission and defining the work of the education programming.
● Guide overall direction, mission, and focus of Real Food Farm agricultural and
environmental education programs with staff.
● Develop curriculum for all educational programs, including: high school internships, field
trips, service learning programs, young farmer training program (AmeriCorps), Youth
Crew (school year), and two summer programs: Mission Thrive Summer and Baltimore
Conservation Leadership Corps.
● Oversee invoicing process for educational programs including field trips, service
● Where applicable, align agricultural and environmental education curriculum with
Maryland Environmental Literacy Standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
● Monitor, evaluate and make improvements to educational and workforce development
● Hire, train, manage, and develop up to 15 education staff, including Farm Educators
(AmeriCorps) and seasonal Crew Leaders.
● Register, schedule, staff, and ensure the successful delivery of service learning and field
trips. Coordinate field trip and service learning schedule with production staff.
● Monitor and improve youth development and risk management practices for all
● Accurately track education data that will be used in reporting to various stakeholders.
● Work with Program Manager to find and secure grant funding for Real Food Farm’s
education program. Track and record fundraising efforts.
● Manage education budget by updating frequently and meeting with Program Manager to
ensure its accuracy.
● Compose and send out education promotional materials, update education-related
portion of Real Food Farm website, and assist with reports for education deliverables of
● Contribute content to the Civic Works newsletters on a monthly basis.
● Work closely with the Real Food Farm staff on tasks and projects on a regular basis.
● Work with RFF Farm Managers and outside partners to plan and host Cultivate
Baltimore, a winter adult educational program that promotes and encourages urban
farming in Baltimore.
● Develop and maintain strong relationships with surrounding community, including
Baltimore City schools and youth organizations. Work to ensure that programming is
accessible to a diversity of individuals and groups.
● Other duties as needed.
● Bachelor’s degree in education, nutrition, agriculture, environmental science, or a related
field. Master’s preferred.
● At least 5 years experience in agricultural or environmental education, education
program development, or a related field.
● Experience working directly with youth of all ages from diverse backgrounds.
● Ability to facilitate different types of programs such as an after school club, high school
internship, field trips, and working with classroom teachers.
● Experience in agriculture, nutrition, trail building, conservation, experiential education,
and food justice.
● Experience in program management and supervision of at least one person.
● Basic First Aid and CPR certification is preferred or will be offered within the first year of
● Employee must be and remain drug free.
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with ‘RFF Education
Coordinator’ as the subject.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. This position will remain open until filled.