Regenerative Farm Manager Job Description:
rTerra is seeking a dynamic leader to direct daily farm operations. The Farm Manager will design and implement innovative systems for applying regenerative practices to annual vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers, and fungi. They will be responsible for the care for all integrative systems of gardens, orchards, vineyard and future animals and will help develop and implement a long-term regenerative plan for the entire property.
rTerra is a budding 95-acre hub focused on regenerative farming, innovative product development, and educational experiences. The farm includes 7 acres of apples, an 8-acre vineyard, a 4-acre market garden, a medicinal herb garden, and a glass conservatory for propagation and demonstration. The remainder is forest, additional orchards, and ornamental gardens. The property also hosts a multitude of facilities. rTerra has a commitment to managing the property with ecological principles and leaning towards a future with regenerative and biodynamic management practices and sustainable decision making.
Link to full job listings:
Working Property Manager/Farming couple
Regenerative Visioning - Plan Development - Implementation
Supervise and direct the work of farm staff
Manage all farming activities.
Includes managing all components associated with the
-Diverse orchard activity
-Medicinal herb garden
Crop planning and farm record keeping using Google Sheets
Maintain a daily work log to plan and record details of fieldwork accomplished, including a monthly report for the owners
Develop a crop plan consistent with organic standards and transitioning to a more regenerative approach to achieve harvest goals
Maintain an inventory of seeds and other supplies
Participate in staff meetings and periodic strategic planning activities
- Preferred undergraduate and graduate experience in agroecology and/or agronomy
- 4 - 5 years of relevant farm work with at least 2 of those years in farm management
- strong production farming skills (organic and regenerative/restorative practices)
- Working knowledge of Asana, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Calendar and Slack
- Knowledge of the use and service requirements of tractors, plows, discs, cultivators, and other farm equipment and implements
- solid background in plant ecosystems that are suited for the Northwestern US
please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org