The OFRF Research Associate is a 50 % full-time exempt position (approximately 20
hours per week), based out of our Santa Cruz, CA office. The Research Program
Associate reports to the Research Director. This position has the potential to increase
the percent of full time equivalency in the future.
•Administer OFRF’s research grant making program, including outreach, grant
application processing, and facilitating board review.
• Maintain a searchable tracking system of past and present OFRF grant projects in
our online database.
• Assess and track the impact of OFRF research projects.
• Participate in developing, monitoring, and reporting on grants related to
research and educational activities.
• Perform research and analysis on various topics related to organic farming,
which may include conducting surveys and interviews, performing literature
reviews, and conducting online research.
• Write about organic research topics, including OFRF funded projects (approx. 2
blogs or articles per month).
• Perform outreach on OFRF original research projects, including designing,
writing, and presenting webinars or at conferences and meetings on organic
farming research topics.
• Coordinate organic research conferences (1-2 per year) including managing calls
for abstracts, coordinating scholarships, and organizing materials and event
• Coordinate development and implementation of online organic farming course
including curriculum development and coordination of partners.
• Other tasks, as assigned by your supervisor.
• Knowledge of organic agriculture principles and practices
• Master’s degree or above in agricultural science or related field
• Analytical skills to interpret research
• Excellent communication skills, including scientific writing
• Project management
• Proficiency with Mac and PC and common software applications and
• Ability to communicate with farmers and ranchers in both organic and
Submit your complete packet with “Research Program Associate” in subject line via
email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants should submit:
• A cover letter stating your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements.
• A resume outlining your skills and experience.
Please visit www.ofrf.org to learn more about the Organic Farming Research
Foundation. Organic Farming Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.